Monday, May 08, 2006

A Finance lesson by Mr.Sridhar Allani

I have been thinking of this for a long time. My
brought geared me for good education and an outlook
and orientation to launch into a career after
education. I had my sights set got an engineering
degree and rode the new liberalization waves to a
rewarding career.

Oh well with career and working life comes something
new that I had no clue of. Money. The only thing that
I knew till then is that dad and mom give money and I
spend. Or they don't give and I am not able to spend.
Only thing that I know is that money will be spent and
you have to work to get that money.

I had no clue how to manage money!!! That money needs
to be saved, that money can earn more money (without
me working :-) ) . That unless I save and reinvest ,
no matter how much I earn, I will never have enough
money for life. That I will never see a lakh if I
don't save on my income in thousands.

With promise of more of my learnings,

Sreedhar

(I hope to continue these lessons for the benefit of
the young members of the family who will be entering
working life in the next few years. I would appreciate
insight from members who have greater experience
managing money and investing.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home